Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Warm Bodies Movie Review

Warm Bodies

Director: Jonathon Levine
Starring: Nicholas Hoult, Teresa Palmer
Genre: Comedy, Horror, Romance
Release Date: February 1, 2013

Average Rating: 7/10
My Rating: 6/10

Watched in September 2013

My Thoughts

I was skeptical about watching this movie because the trailer portrayed this as more of a love story. Originally, I bought this book right after I had seen the movie trailer, but after reading this book, I favoured the book.

Right from the beginning, I didn't like the typography that they used. What I mean is the font that they used when listing the movie title, director, etc, as I found it to be too feminine.

Nicholas Hoult and Dave Franco. Beautiful. I would watch the movie over and over just to watch them. The flashbacks were well done, which was good because they were a pretty big part of the book and getting to know Julie.

After sitting and watching it for over half an hour, I started to lose hope that the movie would measure up to my expectations. They took this story and emphasized the love aspect of it. Sadly this continued for the rest of the movie, and made it less enjoyable for me. It was almost too Romeo and Juliet for my taste.

The ending was kind of cute, and gave me butterflies but that was mostly because of Nichokas Hoult and his beautiful eyes. I gave it 3/5 but my mom gave it 2/5. She is a harsher critic than I am, apparently.


No comments:

Post a Comment