Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

The Elite Book Review

The Elite

Written by Kiera Cass
# of pages: 323

Average Rating: 3.94/5
My Rating: 4/5

Read in September 2013

Summary according to goodreads

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


My Thoughts

Many of you know that I wasn't the biggest fan of The Selection, because I found the romance to be fake, forced, and annoying. This novel was kind of different from that as it had more battle aspects, and we see more of the rebels. Since the series is classed as dystopian, I appreciated reading about more than just romance. 

In my opinion, Maxon was the only character that had any character development, but I wish America had matured. She was very annoying in this novel, she kept going back and forth between the guys, and she gave up on everything so easily and then pouted. Like seriously America? Maxon is a prince and is offering you everything! However, Aspen was no better as he knew the consequences yet kept pursuing America. I kept hoping the the palace would kick him out, so America could focus only on Maxon. 

After finishing this book, I was shaking. Why? Because America is stupid, the King is an asshole, and I love Maxon. The ending didn't surprise me that much because I knew there is a third book, but I still found myself hanging on to every word.


No comments:

Post a Comment