Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe Review

The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

Written by: C.S Lewis
# of pages: 206

Average Rating: 4.14/5
My Rating: 2/5

Read in September 2013

Summary according to goodreads

When Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy took their first steps into the world behind the magic wardrobe, little do they realize what adventures are about to unfold. And as the story of Narnia begins to unfold, so does a classic tale that has enchanted readers of all ages for over half a century.

My Thoughts

I listened to this as an audiobook because I was bored trying to read it. Sadly, the audiobook was even harder to get through, and it felt like a very long four hours. I didn't find this plot to be interesting, at all, and many times I thought I was going to fall asleep while listening to it.

I had seen the movie adaptation many years ago, and I enjoyed it so I am not sure why it is so hard for me to get through the books. The main reasons that I am pushing myself to finish this bindup is because I have owned it for a long time, and I want to read all of the books I own. I will more than likely continue getting these stories as audiobooks, because the only positive thing is that I can multitask while listening.

I am fairly sure that this was a middle-grade series, but there seemed to be a lot of violence in this story. Hopefully the next books are interested!


No comments:

Post a Comment