Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2016

July Wrap Up - Reading, Life, and Everything Else

Can anyone else believe that there is only another month left of summer vacation? I am very excited to be starting a new school in September, and am even more excited to be taking a week off from work next week to relax! July was a roller coaster of a month for me, and in this post I will be recapping the biggest moments.

On July 20th I experienced one of the hardest moments that I might ever have in my life. On that Wednesday night my mom and I had to drive to the vet and have my dog put down. She was 12 years old and losing her sight, and had started having seizures which had a very negative effect on her aging brain. She was my first dog and she was my entire world. As many of you know I suffer from anxiety and depression, and a few years ago it was so serious that I hardy left my house. It was during this time that she and I got the closest, and she always knew when I was going down a dark path. I miss her terribly but it was the best decision that we could make for her.

On a more positive note, on the 23rd I went to see Demi Lovato and Nick Jonas perform in Toronto! My mom got me tickets as an early birthday gift because she is one of my favourite performers. I have one of her song lyrics tattooed on my foot, because she is a strong role model in my life. They both put on a phenomenal show, and was a great experience.

Books

This month I read five novels, and two graphic novels - and I mostly enjoyed everything! I am happy to have read a wide variety of genres (young adult, new adult, and adult). I did not reach my goal of wanting to read 10 books, but I worked a lot more these past few weeks than I had planned too. As of today I am still nine books behind on my goodreads challenge, but have gotten my “owned TBR” down to 212!

TV / Movies

This month I watched quite a bit of TV, because I was in a reading slump for so long. I started watching Friends from the beginning, because I had never watched it consistently - or even finished the series! My mom and I are watching it together which makes it much more enjoyable, and we are nearing the end of season nine! During the day when I need some background noise I have started watching Steve Wilkos again because I love the drama and seeing how my life could be worse or more stressful compared to others.

I watched quite a few Netflix movies this month, the better ones being; Ride Along starring Kevin Hart and Ice Cube, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, as well as Ghost of Girlfriends Past - which were all very funny! My favourite of these three would have to be How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days because I am a big Kate Hudson fan! I also watched some movies that I did not enjoy, which were: Chucky 3, and That Awkward Moment staring Zac Efron.

I am hoping to read a lot more during August, but I also have some movies that I want to watch before I get too busy with school again! How was your July? Did you do anything special? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment