Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Perfection Duology Review

Perfection Duology

Written by Abbi Glines


Twisted Perfection
Number of Pages: 247
Average Rating: 4.26/5 stars
My Rating: 3/5
Published: April 8, 2013
Read again in July 2016







Simple Perfection
Number of Pages: 243
Average Rating: 4.26/5 stars
My Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Published: December 3, 2013
Read in July 2016


Twisted Perfection: Summary according to Goodreads

Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out. There was always a change she’d go crazy sooner than they expected. 

Woods Kerrington had never been one to be attracted to fragile females. They seemed like too much work. He wasn’t in it for the work just the pleasure. A night full of naughty fun had been exactly what was on his mind when he’d laid eyes on the hot little number that didn’t know how to pump gas and needed some help.

What he didn’t know was she was as fragile as they came. The carefree girl who spoke her mind and didn’t care what the world thought of her was more breakable than he could ever imagine. 


My Thoughts

I first read Twisted Perfection in September of 2014, and originally rated it two stars. This was before I read any of the previous Rosemary Beach series novels, and was still relatively new to the new adult genre. I have since picked up the series from the first novel, and was not as in love as I was with the Fallen series. Woods is no Rush, that is for sure. 

This is a series based on dramatic relationships with heavy sex scenes, but I felt it was too much in this novel. Woods was very sexually aggressive and I was not a fan of that, nor his over-possessiveness to someone he just met. If I was Della, I would have found it creepy and not a turn-on. I would have much preferred to see them open up to each other more and develop a real relationship instead of just having a lot of passionate sex. Don’t get me wrong, they tried to be friends, but ended up finding other ways to get each other satisfied. 

I remembered the majority of the story from the first time I read it, except for the ending. That last paragraph came out of nowhere for me and made me want to pick up the next novel right away. Abbi Glines is amazing at getting the reader to constantly want more - if you remember my review of the Fallen series, I read them back to back right away. 

While reading the first novel I did not feel a strong connection to the characters, but that changed completely in the sequel. I was rooting for Woods and Della the entire time, both as individuals and as a couple. I loved seeing Della’s development as a character, finally taking her mental illness in her own hands and not feeling like a burden anymore. It is completely against popular opinion that I did not love Woods, even though I usually like the tough guy attitude! I am not sure what it is about him, maybe his constant possessiveness, but he is not one of my favourite book boyfriends.

There is not much that I can say about the plot of the sequel without spoiling anything, but just know that I laughed, I cried, and that this novel kept me on my toes. There was a moment where I thought that the plot would just be typical to every other new adult novel, but there were so many more layers than I was expecting. And what was that ending?! I have seriously never been as blindsided as I was reading a plot twist as I was in this novel.

Overall, these novels are such fun and light reads that they are perfect to read during the summer. I will be continuing on with book seven in this series, a duology following Grant who is a character I have wanted to know more about since he was introduced in the very first novel of the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment