Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2016

June Wrap Up - Reading, Life, and Everything Else!

I cannot believe that we are already in July. I live in Southern Ontario where the weather can't decide if it wants to rain, or be deathly humid - so I am ready for fall. Today kicks off our AYearAThon theme of TBR catch-up, but I first wanted to go back and take a look at June and see what I accomplished!

First, my reading. I read eight books in the month of June, but none of which really blew me away. My favourite book of the month was Every Day by David Levithan, but I don't know if that counts because it was a reread. I finished a series and read a couple of graphic novels, but am hoping to feel more accomplished in July. I am still 10 books behind on my Goodreads challenge, but have gotten my "Owned TBR" down to 217!

Throughout the month I posted on my blog very frequently, even recently posting five days a week! I have been contacted by authors and publishers, and am very happy to be getting back into the swing of things. I have finally found a way to balance everything in my life, while still posting decent content. 

Another life change that happened in June was finally getting back into my fitness routine. I used to be extremely dedicated in going to the gym, but found it hard adjusting back after being away at school, and having a different routine. This month I got back into going four or to five days a week, and was happy to see weight loss! I do not have much of a target in mind, but instead just want to feel better about myself. 

Although there were a lot of positives in June, my health took a bit of a weird toll. Two weekends ago I had to leave work early because I was feeling disconnected from myself and lightheaded. I couldn't remember getting to work, what my task was, or anything after having breakfast. This was very scary but I can only that that it was either my blood sugar dropping too low, or I had a panic attack (without realizing) and my body shut down. Just know that I am doing much better! I also struggled with my job, and whether or not to take a different one that presented itself. As I write this I am still deciding, but am leaning more toward staying at my current employment. Everything happens for a reason!

I believe that is all the major stuff that happened in June, hopefully July will be a much more positive time for me. I already know I will be working a lot, but hope to find ways to give myself some down time. How was June for you, anything exciting? Let me know! And please also let me know if you enjoy this style of post! I want to feel more connected to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment