Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2016

Catching Up On My 2016 Reading Goals

Happy Monday!

Since we are nearly halfway through the year, I thought it would be a good idea to see what goals I had set for myself, and see how I was doing. I do not have very high expectations because I had forgotten I had this many goals.

How many books have I read out of my goal of 75?
     And we are already starting this post on a negative note. As of today I have read 19 books (2 are rereads and didn't count on goodreads), leaving me 11 books behind on my challenge. It was very hard to read while away at university, but I am getting back to reading six or more books a month - so hopefully this will change. 

Am I reading longer books? Over 400 pages?
     I did not even remembers setting this challenge for myself, but I am actually reading longer novels than I usually do! To date I have read 9 books that are over 400 pages, 5 of those being longer than 500 pages!

Have I reread any books?
     I had given myself a goal of five novels and actually picked out the ones that I wanted to reread, but unfortunately I have not yet picked those up. However I did pick up three others and read those again. I have other novels that I want to read again, in order to finish series, but I will make sure to read the ones I had picked out. Those were; The DUFF, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Flowers in the Attic, Twilight, and the fourth Harry Potter novel. 

Have I finished any series?
     I have only finished two series so far this year; The Divergent series by Veronica Roth, and Never, Never trilogy by Colleen Hoover. I really enjoyed these two series, but really want to finish more. 

How am I doing with the Pop Sugar 2016 Reading Challenge?
     Terribly. I have only completed 12 of the 40 challenges. I will do better. 

And finally, 

How long is my "Owned TBR" list?
     At the beginning of the year it was over 280 novels, but as of today it is at 235. I feel very happy with that number, and have faith that it will be much lower by the end of the year. 

How are you all doing with your goals? Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment