Translate

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekly Wrap Up: February 2nd - 8th

Hey everyone! I am now back in my dorm room after a nice weekend away to Halifax, Nova Scotia. My roommate, myself, and another friend of ours drove the five hours up because that's where my roommate is from, and we had a great time! Although it does feel good to be back in Freddy, while I was away I managed to finish a book, and get on track with my goodreads goal!

READ


I only managed to finish one novel this week, and that was Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins. I gave this four out of five stars, and thought that it was a great ending to a great series. I was anticipating how it would end from the very first page, and I can't say that it was what I expected. Although I loved it, it did break my heart a little bit. I can't wait to get my hands on the spin-off series and to read more by this hilarious author. 








Just before writing this post, I finished a graphic novel that I started this morning while waiting to check out of the hotel. I purchased Amulet Volume 2: The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi this weekend, and had to pick it up right away. I enjoyed the first one (which I read in December), but I did enjoy this one just a little bit more. So much happened right away, and there was no lag from where the story left off. Plus the artwork is just AMAZING. Can't wait to continue on in this series and see what happens!






CURRENTLY READING



I decided to pick up Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma to read next, and although I haven't started yet I am looking forward to it. This is a book that although isn't something I would usually read, is a novel that comes highly recommended to me. 









BOUGHT


Uh oh. I did buy some books this week. In fact, I bought nine. I couldn't help it! My first trip to Chapters I decided to treat myself to a book because I have been at university for over a month and have not yet experienced an anxiety attack - which is a big accomplishment for me. Once I got into the bookstore I couldn't just decide on one, and decided I wanted a light romance to read on my flight home later on this month. In this single trip I purchased; Playlist for the Dead by Michelle Falkoff, The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski, Thoughtless by S.C Stephens, Ten Tiny Breaths by K.A Tucker, and Burying Water by K.A Tucker. 


Then I went into the bookstore at a mall my friend and I found in Nova Scotia, and obviously once I picked up one I just couldn't stop. What better way to remember a trip than with some books? On this trip I got; Amulet Volume Two: The Stonekeeper's Curse by Kazu Kibuishi, All Fall Down by Ally Carter, The Virgin Suicides by Jeffery Eugenides, and All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. 



I am very excited for all of these books, so I have no regrets!

GOALS

With this upcoming week I do need to go back on my ban and not buy any books. My wallet can't handle it, and I am running out of room in my dorm. I would also like to keep up with staying on track for my goodreads challenge, but I have a very important psychology exam Friday morning, so most of my reading will only be getting done on the weekend. So we will just have to wait and see!

A couple more weeks and I will be home relaxing with my dog! Have a great night, and I will talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment