Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, August 5, 2013

The Statistical Probabability of Love at First Sight Review

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

Written by Jennifer E. Smith
# of Pages: 236

Average Rating: 3.79/5
My Rating: 5/5

Read in August 2013

Summary

Hadley is about to face the worst weekend of her life, as she is on her way to the airport catching a flight to London for her father's wedding. She hasn't talked to her father for a couple of years since he left her mom, and Hadley has yet to meet her future stepmother. After missing her flight, it seems her night is taking a turn for the better when she meets the perfect boy. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he just so happens to be sitting in the same row as her on the plane. Can their connection last longer than the flight? Or is it over once they get through customs? Love has ways of finding you when you're least expecting it.

My Thoughts

This book really made me want to travel! Reading about her being in the airport, on the plane, and travelling London made me envious and miss the experience of traveling. Since I love to travel, this book seemed to be the perfect contemporary fit for me, and I was not disappointed. Also, as I am planning some trips, I can't help but let it cross my mind that this coincidental romance might happen to me some day ... A girl can dream right?

I was wondering how the story would continue with the two main characters after the flight, but OH MY GOODNESS I was not expecting what happened. Once I had gotten about halfway through this novel, I already had an idea forming in my mind of where the story would go. To my surprise, I was wrong but I couldn't have been happier with what took place.

This book really played with my emotions. It made me bored, then excited, then frustrated, then bubbly, and finally I felt satisfied with what was happening. This might be my favourite contemporary that I have ever read. I don't know if it is the fact that the main characters were my age, or the fact that this seems more realistic and not so fairy-tale or far-fetched, but I loved it. I definiely swooned over this book, and found myself hugging it after I had finished it.

Overall, I would recommend this mostly to women/girls, but guys could read this for sure. I suggest girls because there is a lot of romance as well as father/daughter stuff that guys might not be able to connect to as well. I read this book in a day because I didn't want to put it down, but it was also a quick and easy read. If you guys read it, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment