Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Casting Call Saturday - The Program by Suzanne Young

So, this is the most amazing idea that I have ever heard. My friend Alyssa (all of her links will be below) came up with the idea of doing a "casting call" for some of our favourite books! I loved this so much that I knew I had to join in. 

For this weeks Casting Call Saturday, I decided to choose a book I just finished which was The Program by Suzanne Young. 

Summary According to GoodReads

In Sloane’s world, true feelings are forbidden, teen suicide is an epidemic, and the only solution is The Program.

Sloane knows better than to cry in front of anyone. With suicide now an international epidemic, one outburst could land her in The Program, the only proven course of treatment. Sloane’s parents have already lost one child; Sloane knows they’ll do anything to keep her alive. She also knows that everyone who’s been through The Program returns as a blank slate. Because their depression is gone—but so are their memories.

Under constant surveillance at home and at school, Sloane puts on a brave face and keeps her feelings buried as deep as she can. The only person Sloane can be herself with is James. He’s promised to keep them both safe and out of treatment, and Sloane knows their love is strong enough to withstand anything. But despite the promises they made to each other, it’s getting harder to hide the truth. They are both growing weaker. Depression is setting in. And The Program is coming for them.


Sloan Barstow (main character) - 

Sloan was a really hard character to pick an actress to play her. After thinking about it for a long time, I realized it was easy all along. The perfect person to match Sloan (looks and personality) is Liz Gillies. You may know her from the Nickelodeon show Victorious, movies, or her singing. I knew that Liz would be the perfect Sloan, because in the novel Sloan was very against the Program, and had a strong attitude - but was smart-assy and sweet with James. On Victorious, she played a girl named Jade who had the same personality. This shows me that Liz would measure up perfectly, and would be able to portay the same attitude that Sloan was giving off. 



James Murphy (love interest) - 

For James, this was the easiest decision I have ever made. I knew the Conor Franta was James Murphy, the minute he was described in the novel. For those of you who have been missing out on this gorgeous human being, Conor is a YouTuber that is kind of sassy, funny, and can have an attitude all while being adorable. In this book, it is repeated that James' eyes are heartstopping, and      
amazing, and blah blah - and Conor's eyes make me stop dead and just stare. They are so bright, and beautiful and ... I'm just gonna stop talking about how much I love him. But lastly, James is referred to as being extremely hot and kind of cocky ... *cough* Conor. 
P.S In case it wasn't obvious enough, I am a big fan of Conor's. 



Michael Realm (Sloan's friend in The Program)

Oh Michael ... Sweet, sexy, loving, sneaky Michael. How do I chose someone to measure up to you? Oh I know, pick the hottest bad boy-looking guy I know. If you don't know who Josh Golden is, he is a man with the voice of an angel WHO IS APPARENTLY ONLY 19! Yes that fact made me very excited. Josh has collabed with Andrew Garcia, Chester See, Andy Lange, and more - and I have bought all of his songs from iTunes. (If you haven't seen their cover of "We Can't Stop" open a new tab and watch it right now! Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sgV00yzHSs). I would play Sloan in a heartbeat if these were my leading boys. Heck, I would do it for free if it meant I could be around them all day. 


I'm really hoping you guys agree with me on these picks, but if not let me know who you would have chosen! 

Alyssa
http://acreads.blogspot.ca
http://www.youtube.com/user/acreadsblog
https://twitter.com/AlyssaLunz


No comments:

Post a Comment