Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

He's an Asshole Anyway Review

He's an Asshole Anyway

Written by: Elliot Capner & Misga Zelinsky
# of pages: 211

Average Rating 4.6/5
My Rating: 4/5

Read in November 2013

Summary according to goodreads

How to deal with being dumped according to the assholes themselves. 

The Aussie break-up book that every girl and her friends MUST read has now hit America!

Thatz rightz, we know how much you Americanz needz your Americanized wordz. So here it iz, in all of it'z glory!

Specifically, we will tell you: what he is thinking; what he is doing; what you are doing wrong and how you should act in the period immediately after you've been dumped to ensure that you win the break up.


My Thoughts

I recieved a copy of this book to review, but that does not influence my opinion. 

This book captured my attention right from the beginning. It is so honest and straight up, but it is also true in many ways. This might seem like a "joke" book at first, but it does carry some helpful advice and useful topics.

One of my favourites was "If you are going to get upset, make sure it's something worth getting upset over." This is something I am trying to live by, and I think a lot of people should too - many people overreact and cause way too much drama. 

This book included cute little cartoons and people, that helped make reading this more enjoyable. When I first read the premise of the story, I was afraid it would be boring and like every other "self-help" book. I couldn't have been more wrong.

This story made references to many things in todays pop culture, which made it so great and funny. "However, a break-up is a traumatic experience, almost as traumatic as being forced to watch an entire season od Vampire Diaries, sober."

A quote from the beginning that got my attention was, "This book isn't about understanding men, or even understanding women (quite frankly there isn't enough paper in the world for that book)." This was a very entertaining book that had me laughing many times. and I read it in one sitting. 

There were so many parts I'd like to put sticky notes in to remember, that I might have to get my hands on a physical copy of this book. If you haven't heard of this book, you are missing out and need to read it! I am so happy I got to review this, because I truly enjoyed every page.


No comments:

Post a Comment