Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Meet Cute | Book Review

Meet Cute: Some People Are Destined to Meet

Edited by: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Number of Pages: 320

Average Rating: 3.68/5 stars
My Rating: 3.2/5 (Averaged)

Published: January 2, 2018
Read in January 2018


Summary According to Goodreads

Whether or not you believe in fate, or luck, or love at first sight, every romance has to start somewhere. Meet Cute is an anthology of original short stories featuring tales of “how they first met” from some of today’s most popular YA authors. 


My Thoughts

This is an anthology that was only recently released, and was on my “most anticipated” list of 2018. Although this was not the best anthology I have ever read, I did find it quite enjoyable. There were a fair share of cliches, but also some very unique ideas that impressed me. My favourite thing about anthologies is getting to experience new authors, and to get a taste of their storytelling without investing in a full-length novel. From reading this anthology I have found some new authors I want to read more from, and I consider that a success!


Individual Ratings:

- Siege Etiquette by Katie Cotugno: 2/5

- Print Shop by Nina LaCour: 4/5
          - I liked how modern this story was!

- Hourglass by Ibi Zoboi: 4/5
          - I liked the main character in this one, but was expecting more romance than drama 

- Click by Katherine McGee: 4/5
          - I couldn’t give this one an entire five stars, because there were some aspects that weren’t entirely unique

- The Intern by Sara Shepard: 2/5
          - I liked the idea of this story, but it need much more development than it got. The characters had no personality, and that took away all of the romance in my opinion. 
     
- Somewhere That’s Green by Meredith Russo: 4/5 stars
     
- The Way We Love Here by Dhonielle Clayton: 5/5
          - I need a full novel of this!
     
- Oomph by Emery Lord: 4/5 
          - I love stories that involve travel and romance, so this was totally up my alley
     
- The Dictionary of You and Me by Jennifer L. Armentrout: 3/5
          - This was a cute read that I read quite quickly, but wasn’t anything mind-blowing
    
- The Unlikely Likelihood of Falling in Love by Jocelyn Davis: 3/5 
          - Original enough and quirky enough to keep my attention, but I felt as though there was too much "filler"
     
- 259 Million Miles by Kass Morgan: 5/5
          - I am quickly becoming a huge fan of this author, and a bigger fan of the sci-fi genre!
     
- Something Real by Julie Murphy: 3/5
          - This one didn’t blow my mind, but it was cute and fun enough that I am interested in checking out one of her full-length novels. 
     
- Say Everything by Huntley Fitzpatrick: 2/5

- The Department of Dead Love by Nicola Yoon: 4/5
          - This was not a story I was expecting, and I think it was the best way to end this anthology



No comments:

Post a Comment