Translate

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Rosemary Beach Series Review (#1-4)

Rosemary Beach Series

Written by Abbi Glines

Fallen Too Far
Average Rating: 4.25/5     My Rating: 5/5
Published: December 14th 2012

Never Too Far
Average Rating: 4.23/5     My Rating: 4.5/5
Published: February 25th 2013

Forever Too Far
Average Rating: 4.26/5     My Rating: 4/5
Published: June 9th 2013

Rush Too Far
Average Rating: 4.29/5     My Rating: 4/5
Published: May 6th 2014

Summary of Fallen Too Far according to Goodreads

She is only nineteen. She is his new stepfather's daughter. She is still naive and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother. 

But for twenty-four year old Rush Finlay, she is the only thing that has ever been off limits. His famous father's guilt money, his mother's desperation to win his love, and his charm are the three reasons he has never been told no.

Blaire Wynn left her small farmhouse in Alabama, after her mother passed away, to move in with her father and his new wife in their sprawling beach house along the Florida gulf coast. She isn't prepared for the lifestyle change and she knows she'll never fit into this world. Then there is her sexy stepbrother who her father leaves her with for the summer while he runs off to Paris with his wife. Rush is as spoiled as he is gorgeous. He is also getting uder her skin. She knows he is anything but good for her and that he'll never be faithful to anyone. He is jaded and has secrets Blaire knows she may never uncover but even knowing all of that...

Blaire just may have fallen too far. 

My Thoughts

I flew through these books, which is exactly what I needed - each one took me about a day to read. These are such easy reads and although they are filled with hormones, I still find them enjoyable. There are some sexual scenes in these novels, so if that is not your type of read then I recommend her Vincent Boys duology. 

I picked this book up solely looking for something smutty and easy to read. I have been having a stressful few weeks due to finishing work for the summer, and getting ready to move back to school across the country. At the time I started reading this series, I only owned the first one - but I had to run to Chapters after finishing each to buy the next one. 

A moment of honesty - I read Twisted Perfection last September and HATED it. I think I gave it two stars and got rid of it. However, I hadn't realized that these two novels where related until Woods was introduced in Fallen Too Far. I really liked his character here, and think I will have to give Twisted Perfection another try. I have a strong feeling I am going to enjoy it more this time. 

Fallen Too Far
     This was my favourite of the four novels without a doubt. I connected to Blaire right away and loved her personality. This was a girl that had no expectations, and took what life handed her. Rush I fell in love with almost immediately. I'm not sure if it's because I read too much or because I'm a psychology major, but I knew right away that there was a secret hidden in him. Nobody is that much of an asshole.
     I loved watching their relationship grow, but I also really enjoyed watching Blaire grow a little bit in her personality. By the end of the novel and going into the second one, she was a much stronger character. 

Never Too Far
     I am not going to spoil anything for this novel or continuing plot, but if you have read it then you probably understand how I am feeling. WHAT?! The twist in this story was honestly not one that I was expecting. 
     What I can say about this book and the next one, is that Blaire and Rush need to learn to stop running at the slightest thing! Both characters seemed a little bit immature considering their age, but emotions were running high. 

Forever Too Far
     This book had me in tears most of the time, I'm not going to lie. I was snapchatting my friends with tears running down my face. It is fair to say that they didn't understand me that day, but this book was so filled with emotion! Both good and bad, there were so many emotions to be felt while reading the final part of their story. 
     Rush did get on my nerves a few times, and without spoiling I'll just say there is a part where he was desperately needed by Blaire, and chose to ignore her for his sister Nan. Looking back I can see where he would have been sucked into the moment and didn't think about what he was doing - but he should have known that if Blaire needed him it was important. 
     The reason that I couldn't give this book five stars, was because I felt like around the middle of the story she (Abbi Glines) was trying to do too many things. Considering the 200 page span, she incorporated so many extra things that I am not sure if they were necessary to the overall story and development of the characters. I would have been happy with an extra 50 pages about Rush. 

Rush Too Far
     THE PROLOGUE! The prologue of this story is set after the end of Forever Too Far, and melted my heart in all kids of ways. I loved the idea of reading this book because I was so curious as to what Rush was thinking during the first book. I was not disappointed!
     A line from this book, something that Rush was thinking as he watched Blaire for the first time; "She could be a master manipulator. Using her beauty to get what she wanted and not caring whom she hurt along the way." This he is thinking about a girl who doesn't wear makeup. Whose heart is used solely to take care of other people. Who is too busy worrying about others to think about beauty. For me this line just shows how much Rush has grown as a character - to feel love and not automatically assume the worst in someone. He is always being manipulated and used because of who he is, and therefore has some serious trust issues. It is something that he works on throughout the novels, but not yet perfected and overcome. 

I enjoyed most of the secondary characters (Grant, Bethy, Woods) - except Nan. I could not stand Nannette. She was the most obnoxious and self-centered character I have read in a while. It annoyed me how easily Rush dropped everything for her, but at the same time I could understand why he did it. 

Overall I really enjoyed this series (group of four in the bigger series) and plan to continue along the like of Rosemary Beach novels while at university. I hope my enjoyment keeps up as the stories progress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment