Translate

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Books I Want to Read in November

HAPPY NOVEMBER! 

Can you believe there are only two months left of 2018?! Unfortunately for me the year is ending fast, and I still have 41 books to read in order to reach my Goodreads goal. I recently got a puppy, and her training has put reading on the back burner, but she is getting better and hopefully I can get back into reading and finish the year strong. 

So today I am going to tell you about the 10 books I am hoping to read this month (excluding AYearAThon reads which I will talk about Sunday). Cross your fingers for me!

I am currently reading two books, the first being All Hallows' Eve by Vivian Vande Velde. This is a collection of 13 spooky stories, and I only picked it up yesterday and am nearly finished with it. It was a perfect read to pick up for Halloween, and of the seven stories I've already read, they average at a four star rating. 

I am also reading The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw, as I'd received an e-ARC of this prior to its release, but never got around to it. I am currently about 20% through, and am not sure how I feel about it. The troupe of the mysterious boy is overrated for my reading taste, but the idea of people being inhabited by ghost sisters every year to drown teenage boys intrigues me. Hopefully the suspense and thrill picks up in the story soon, because I'm sure at that point I won't be able to put it down!

When I was looking through my bookshelves deciding what I wanted to read this month, I realized that I have so many outstanding ARCs that I need to catch up on my reviews for. In November I am hoping to get through five (six including The Wicked Deep), and picked the ones that I think I'll enjoy the most, but also the ones I think I will read the fastest. 

One that I received from NetGalley is How to Fracture a Fairy Tale by Jane Yolen, one of my favourite authors due to her stories regarding WWII and the Holocaust. How to Fracture a Fairy Tale is a little different from what I'm used to reading from her, in that this is a collection of short stories retelling classic fairy tales in order to fit modern society. I can't wait to get into it!

The other four books that I want to read and review are ones that I picked up while at BEA this past May. I had such high intentions of having them all read and reviewed before they were released, but now that I've accepted it won't happen, I just want to get them done. 


Easy Prey by Catherine Lo is a young adult mystery following three students involved in the release of racy photos of one of their teachers. After the Fire by Will Hill is another dark YA with a contemporary base, as it follows a girls life after she is freed from a cult. Witchborn by Nicholas Bowling is the one I know the least about, but the one that is most out of my comfort zone. All that I know regarding this story is that it is historical fiction set in the 1500s, and has witches. The final review book that I want to read this month is the one that I am most anticipating: People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins. This novel is perfect for some major issues plaguing our society right now; gun violence and white supremacy. Six people are involved in this story and in the end one will die. I can't wait!


The last four books that I want to read this month are ones that I own and have been wanting to read since I picked them up but never did. I Stop Somewhere by TE Carter, a dark contemporary surrounding topics like rape culture; Ruby and Olivia by Rachel Hawkins, a middle grade story following two trouble-making girls in a haunted house; Lessons From a Dead Girl by Jo Knowles, another dark young-adult, this one following topics such as abuse and death; and finally, Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor, which sounds fun and mysterious, but also comes recommended to me so I'm interested to see what I think.

This may seem like an ambitious list, but I am determined not to fail my Goodreads challenge, and am hoping not to be too busy with work. 

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete