Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, July 20, 2018

The Risk | Book Review

The Risk

Written by: S.T. Abby
Number of Pages: 107 (ebook)

Average Rating: 4.56 / 5 stars
My Rating: 5 / 5 stars

Published: December 1, 2016
Read in July 2018


Summary According to Goodreads

They took too much. Left too little. I had nothing to lose...until him. 

Ten years ago, they took from me. They left me for dead. They should have made sure I stayed dead. 

Now I'm taking from them, one name at a time. I've trained for too long, I've been patient. I can't stop now. 

Revenge is best served cold. 


My Thoughts

"I'm just the typical American woman. Or is it the typical American psycho?"

I downloaded this ebook a few years ago when it was free on Kindle because I loved the idea of having a huge ebook library, but BOY am I glad I gave this a chance because it is on my list of favourite books of 2018. 

I am not usually a big fan of sexy romance, but this one was actually more tame than the cover led me to believe it would be. I will warn that this novel does contain some sexual scenes sand some gory descriptions, but if you are fine with those kinds of things I would recommend checking out this series.

This was such an addicting story, and the dual perspectives added so much more dimension to the plot. I think I loved this so much because it was like an adult version of my favourite series, The Naturals. Our main character Lana is getting revenge on a group of people that tortured her and left her for dead, laying low on the radar of suspects. For the first time since her attack ten years ago, she is starting to develop feelings for a man named Logan, only to discover that he is the lead investigator for the serial murders she is committing. I could not stop turning the pages on this one, and was constantly on the edge of my seat!

Overall, if you are looking for an intense quick read - please consider this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment